Reporting to: Operations Manager
Our client an International Metal Trading Company based in Central London is looking for a Contracts Administrator for a newly created Team Leader position on their established Aluminium Desk.
- Supervise a small team of Contract Administrators.
- Facilitate logistical aspects of commodity contract administration and execution by coordination with respective trading desks, producers/manufacturers and 3PL providers.
- Arrange and track daily truck, rail, and ocean shipments between producers, storage facilities including LME/Comex warehouses, ports and consumers.
- Plan and execute logistics solutions which meet the highest level of efficiency, cost effectiveness and optimal customer service including storage and freight rate negotiations.
- Approve costs and invoices associated with the execution of contracts; calculate expense accruals and physical execution of metal movements as they relate to Company’s businesses and update these in the system.
- Develop and maintain relationships with service suppliers, producers and customers in a manner which creates operational synergies across the supply chain. Ensure logistics capacity availability is enough to meet contractual obligations regardless of seasonal factors.
- Maintain internal records including inventory and in transit reporting along with title transfer documents. Periodic reconciliation of inventory records for reporting to traders, credit and treasury as well as various external interested parties.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Maintain and distribute storage and freight cost database in order to facilitate timely and accurate trading decisions.
- Record VAT reporting in conjunction with Accounting.
- Preparation and execution of Letter of Credit documentation.
- Responsible for timely releases, invoicing and other document execution to counterparties as well as subsequent coordination of payments with the treasury department.
- Liaise with other departments including trading, treasury, risk, credit, accounting and IT.
- Special projects and additional responsibilities/administrative functions as assigned.
- 7 years related experience, within commodities ideally with 2 years + at Managerial or Supervisory level
- Bachelor’s degree in economics/finance
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Customer service and Accounting skills needed
- Excellent organisation and communication skills required
- Strong working knowledge of letters of credit and proficiency with documentation related to contract execution such as shipping and banking documents
- Experience with L/C’s.
- Experience with contract management software a plus preferred knowledge of the Trinity suite
- Ability to work in a team, sharing work duties, files, and working cooperatively with others
- Demonstrated proficiency with details, numbers and tracking
APPLY for this job by completing our online application at the top of the page