Our Client, an International Trading Company, currently require a Business Analyst to join the London Metals Trading team. The Business Analyst is responsible for providing an insight of the trading performance for the Metal group companies, prepared in London office under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
The person will be responsible for business analysis and reporting in accordance with internal and external requirements and regulations, acting in compliance with company guidelines.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree – Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- Member of one of the professional accounting bodies.
- 5+ years of progressive controlling / planning / finance / accounting preferably in both an operational and corporate environment.
- Knowledge / understanding and applicability of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge / familiarity with international regulations and laws on accounting and taxation. Strong knowledge of financial derivatives markets, hedging mechanisms, market risk management
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking; very strong communication and team working skills.
- Strong knowledge in market data management and analysis accounting and taxation.
- Previous working experience of SAP considered an asset and intermediate / advanced Excel skills required.
- Developed proficiency in the following competencies must be evident and demonstrated:
- Collaborate for Achievement
- Embrace Diversity
- Communicate Effectively
- Develop Self and Others
- Act with Entrepreneurial Drive
Product Control, Reporting & Planning – Metals Trading Performance
- Prepare and analyse daily trading profit/loss reports.
- Deep understanding daily P/L global measurements
- Alignment with Asia and N.A on Daily P/L
- Validate data in Trading System and SAP
- Assist to Financial Controller / Finance Manager in month-end closing process including journal entries preparation, reconciliation and etc
- Assist in monthly management accounts.
- Prepare and submit year-end Notes package for consolidation purposes.
- Liaise with external auditors during year-end group reporting process.
- Validate and release cash payments.
- Prepare and communicate Cash Flow Forecasts.
Controlling & Ad-hoc projects
- Keep track of metal supply (e.g. Discounts, Purchase Commitment, Contracts)
- Global support for fixed cost analysis to Controlling in N A
- Support to controlling and commercial on current processes.
- Prepare business models and assist Management on presentations.
- Assist IMACT items to be implemented as required.
- Preparation of the annual budget.
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasting.
- Investigate and manage (booking) errors in Trading system – Trinity
- Communication between Operations, Finance, Trading and Brady (Service Support)
- Track open JIRA tickets.
- Maintain and improving views.
- Deep understanding of Trading system and developing for business requirement
- Be a key member of Trinity development team.
- Create new views for business requirements.
- Resolving Trinity – Controlling related activities
- Enhance Trinity reporting to minimise manual work.
- Continuous improvement of process flows
- Understanding Finance processes
- Develop and execute new ideas for process improvements.
- Documentation and Training for the team
- Maintain and further develop Excel macros (VBA) for Finance processes.
- Create reports to visualise Finance KPIs (e.g. PowerBI, Excel Analysis)
- Ensure that a robust system of internal controls exists to satisfy internal, year-end, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRS) audits and FCA regulations in a timely manner, including an update of Process Controls as and when required.
- Ensure that Company guidelines are properly implemented and that requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner.
Nature and Scope
- This position reports directly to the Financial Controller/Manager.
- Under supervision, the position handles Accounting/Finance/Controlling for the assigned companies.
- This position operates within a highly complex, multiple product (including precious metals) and operations environment.
- Organizational relationships are complex as this business operates on a global level comprising of all regions and includes joint venture partners. Close cooperation with corporate functions, Treasury, CF, COB and etc is required.
Internal and external relationships
- Interacts with local finance organizations in Tokyo, Shanghai & New Jersey and corporate departments.
- Interacts frequently with members, at all levels within the business unit such as finance/treasury and corporate departments.
- Assists more junior members of Finance team.
- Interacts with external and internal auditors.
- No direct reporting
- Assist training & mentoring junior members of the Finance team.