A London-based broker and market maker, specialising in the trading of non-ferrous metals futures.
This is a broad and varied role to assist with the smooth running of the Compliance & Legal Department, supporting primarily the Head of Compliance and other staff in the department.
Key duties include:
- Handling the onboarding of new clients, including classifying them under the FCA rules, preparing and issuing account opening documents, reviewing returned documents, and corresponding with clients regarding any queries, the status, etc.
- Carrying out KYC checks, completing AML reviews and risk assessments on new and existing clients and financial counterparties.
- Ad hoc research into AML/CTF legislation, regulations, and guidance, such as the JMLSG Guidance. Research into other legislation, regulations and rules also required from time to time.
- Preparing new policies and procedures and reviewing existing ones.
- Issuing letters to customers and business partners on commercial and regulatory topics.
- Undertaking compliance monitoring in respect of the activities of the business (e.g., client ledger checks, communications, and trading).
- Maintaining and updating databases.
- Liaising with the client’s other offices in New York, Singapore, and Tokyo.
- Preparing presentations, carrying out staff training, and creating and marking test papers (when applicable), where requested.
- Handling onboarding of give-up customers, including initiating and executing give-up agreements on the FIA Tech platform DOCs, issuing account opening documents, carrying out due diligence, etc.
- Assisting with warehouse due diligence reviews and financial crime assessments for repurchase transactions.
- Preparing and submitting of various internal and external reports (e.g., FCA reports, error reconciliation reports, IRS returns, etc.).
- Sending template legal agreements and documentation e.g., trade reporting agreements, confidentiality agreements, novation agreements, etc.
- Dealing with service providers and the renewal of certain subscriptions from time to time.
- Participating in ad hoc project work.
- Carrying out various other administrative tasks to assist the smooth operation of the department, such as completing, checking, and processing various forms, enabling/terminating access to various trading systems, updating banking and trading mandates, handling daily enquiries from staff, customers and/or banks, assisting with KYC and due diligence requests from clients and financial counterparties, audit requests, checking invoices etc.
- The candidate must have the right to work within the UK/EU without specific sponsorship.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience working within a legal/compliance department is preferred. Financial services (regulated environment) experience would be advantageous.
- Passion for legal/regulatory compliance work and eager to learn from others and independently.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and common sense, with a very strong attention to detail.
- Co-operative nature and able to work both within the team and without supervision.
- Highly organised and able to meet deadlines, especially at busy periods of the month.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Punctual, well-presented, and able to communicate effectively with both staff and outside customers, in a truly international company.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- The candidate must be a graduate (or of graduate calibre).
- Language skills would be advantageous, but not essential.