Traffic – Copper Concentrates
The candidate will be responsible for a variety of operations and documentation related activities including overseeing of specific transactions from beginning to end, ensuring internal systems are correctly updated and reporting of operational activities.
The candidate should have excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to perform successfully and efficiently under pressure. The role also requires someone that can consistently produce accurate work in a timely fashion, has excellent attention to detail and the ability to resolve problems independently.
- Facilitate logistical aspects of commodity contract administration and execution by coordination with respective trading desks, producers/manufacturers and 3PL providers.
- Track daily truck, rail, and ocean shipments between producers, storage facilities, ports and consumers.
- Plan and execute logistics solutions which meet the highest level of efficiency, cost effectiveness and optimal customer service, including storage and freight rate negotiations.
- Calculate expense accruals and physical execution of metal movements as they relate to Company’s businesses and update these in the system.
- Develop and maintain relationships with service providers, producers and customers in a manner which creates operational synergies across the supply chain.
- Regularly updating and maintenance of internal trade management system.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Preparation and execution of Letter of Credit documentation.
- Responsible for timely releases, invoicing and other document execution to counterparties as well as subsequent coordination of payments with the treasury department.
- Claims & lay time settlements with counterparties when necessary.
- Liaise with other departments, including trading, treasury, risk, credit, accounting and IT.
- Special projects and additional responsibilities/administrative functions as assigned.
- At least 2 years of trade operations experience in a commodity trading (base metal) environment.
- Degree educated.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong working knowledge of letters of credit and proficiency with documentation related to contract execution such as shipping and banking documents.
- The following are desirable but not a requirement:
- Able to converse in Mandarin to deal with Chinese counterparties.
- Possess working knowledge of UCP and ISBP rules.
- Knowledge of Aquarius and Trinity.
- Experience in dry bulk operations.
APPLY for this job by completing our online application at the top of the page