Purpose of the Job
The Credit Administrator oversees the credit function for this division of the Company (Europe and Asia). The incumbent works closely with corporate credit departments in Germany and the US. The position acts in compliance with Company guidelines.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in credit.
- Experience in controlling / finance / accounting, considered an asset.
- Awareness of accounting theory and practice, cost accounting and systems.
- Understanding of trading operations e.g. hedging, futures and spot trading preferred.
- Developed proficiency in the following competencies must be evident and demonstrated:
o Communicate Effectively
o Collaborate for Achievement
o Develop Self and Others
- Collection of credit applications from Offices in Asia and Europe
- Checking credit limit applications for correctness, completeness and plausibility before consulting with Controlling on the general appropriateness of the credit limit for business needs.
- Forwarding of applications from financial institutions to the Credit Analyst in North America
- Coordination of credit limit approval for non-financial institutions with FFT/RG
- Ensuring the timeliness of credit line renewal applications through co-ordination with Front Desk and Controlling.
- Monitoring the approval process and notification of result to relevant parties
- Allocation of credit limits to the individual offices.
- Inputting allocated credit limits by office into the integrated trading system for use in credit analysis calculations.
- Working closely with Front Desk on transaction-based monitoring
- Organizing credit meetings.
- Maintenance of customer files.
- Updating of Master-data in relevant IT systems and spreadsheets to ensure maintenance of complete and accurate records
- Assisting Regional Controller with guarantee requests and the recording of all details following approval
- Reviewing annual listing of guarantees from Corporate Credit Department
- Preparation of monthly guarantee file analysis in Euros
- Issuing of customer statements as and when required.
- Provision of reports to counterparties as and when requested.
- Assisting with the AML/KYC process
- Preparation of credit limit utilization analysis for Financial Institutions re Asia and Europe requirements and send to Credit Analysts in line with Bi-Annual renewal process
- Monitoring of credit expiry dates and preparation of monthly report.
- Analyze the daily credit reports and issue a weekly summary of the credit breaches.
- Monitoring of settlement lines daily.
- Follow up on outstanding debtor amounts with customers.
- Investigate any credit breaches, ensure Front Desk awareness and report to relevant management.
- Preparation of weekly Exposure report to European OEMS.
- Ensuring metal releases and payments are in accordance with the relevant credit requirements and payment terms
- Checking and signing of daily metal releases, metal lease input, lease contracts and invoices as per weekly timetable.
- Checking and signing of daily FX blotter
- Responsible for ensuring that a robust system of internal controls for credit exists in order to satisfy internal, external, year-end and Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC) audits and FCA regulations in a timely manner, including an update of Process Controls as and when required.
- Assist the Regional Controller with internal policy writing
- Responsible for ensuring that Company guidelines are properly implemented and that requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner.
Treasury and Cash Management
- Approval and releasing of payments to external companies and inter-company payments as per weekly timetable
- Assist Regional Controller with ad-hoc Treasury related tasks
Ad hoc duties
- Provide project support, assistance and cover for other team members when required.
Nature and Scope
This position reports to the Regional Controller, London.
- Under limited supervision, the position handles the credit function for four Group Companies.
The division is headquartered in the United States.
- Precious and Base Metals Services is a global business unit within the division.
- This position operates within a highly complex, multiple product (including precious metals) and operations environment.
- Organizational relationships are complex as this business operates on a global level
comprising of all regions and includes joint venture partners.
Internal and external relationships
- Interacts frequently with both internal and external counterparties, other business units,
Credit Analyst, Global Risk Management and Bank Risk Management
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Please apply via the contact form at the top of this page.
Or contact us if you need further information.