POSITION REPORTS TO: Regional Controller
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Financial Controller provides financial controlling for the business unit Precious and Base Metals Services in Europe, including specific controlling responsibility for all legal entities of the business unit based in the region. The position is responsible for financial reporting according to internal and external requirements and regulations. The Financial Controller ensures that business is both controlled and adequately reported and that staff abides by the Company’s guidelines, including risk management and Financial Reporting Compliance. The position is responsible for tax and statutory reporting for the assigned companies.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Professional qualification (ACCA, ACA or similar) required.
- 5+ years of progressive controlling / planning / finance / accounting experience, preferably in both an operational and corporate environment.
- Experience with demonstrated ability in leading, managing, motivating and developing Controlling / Finance team.
- Knowledge of financial policies, practices and procedures including the demonstrated ability to consistently and appropriately interpret, communicate and enforce.
- Knowledge of metals trading is considered as asset.
- Solid knowledge / understanding and applicability of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge / familiarity with international regulations and laws on accounting and taxation.
- Expert knowledge of accounting theory and practice, cost accounting and systems, budgets, financial/economic analysis, planning and internal control methodologies.
- Previous working experience of SAP and Tableau considered an asset and advanced Excel and SQL skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, interact and influence effectively with all levels of personnel and management including appropriate oral and written presentations.
- Developed proficiency in the following competencies must be evident and demonstrated:
- Collaborate for Achievement
- Embrace Diversity
- Communicate Effectively
- Develop Self and Others
- Act with Entrepreneurial Drive
Financial Accounting, Reporting & Planning
- Responsibility over the preparation of all financial and economic data and reports relating to strategic and operational planning.
- Responsible for interpretation and application of new and existing IFRS’s for Global Business.
- Accountable to ensure the implementation and maintenance of appropriate reporting processes to effectively and efficiently measure business performance and results.
- Partner with the business unit management to develop and implement strategic objectives including the accountability to provide senior level business consulting, analysis and recommendations.
- Responsible for the preparation and communication of information as to meet financial reporting obligations for the business unit, division and region.
- Responsible to interpret the results of various business trends and analyses and advise the business unit leadership of the effect on the business unit’s actual or potential financial condition.
- Responsible to ensure preparation of accurate daily dealing P&Ls and regular review of accounts and balance sheet. Produce reports in line with internal and external requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing preparation and submission of the statutory accounts in the UK. Assist Regional Controller for reviewing statutory accounts in Europe.
- Responsible for tax-related requirements, e.g. responsibility over the submitted tax returns for all companies falling within the area of responsibility, and assessment of tax treatment for new global businesses.
- Responsible to ensure the information provided to tax advisors is accurate as required for preparation of quarterly / annual corporate tax and VAT computations.
- Responsible for various VAT returns in the UK, Japan and South Africa
- Responsible for tax-related inquiries and requirements, e.g. preparation of tax returns for all companies in the area of responsibility and assessment of tax treatment for new businesses.
- Responsible to ensure awareness of and compliance with new tax regulations in conjunction with the corporate tax department.
- Responsible to ensure that bank facilities, controls and signatories are appropriate to the needs of the business.
- Responsible to ensure cash management, including management of foreign exposures, in accordance with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Responsible to ensure that a robust system of internal controls exists in order to satisfy internal, year-end, Financial Reporting Compliance audits and FCA regulations in a timely manner, including an update of Process Controls as and when required.
- Responsible to ensure that Company guidelines are properly implemented and that requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Responsible to ensure the preparation of appropriate reporting for the FCA and regulatory reporting in conjunction with the Compliance Officer.
- Main contact person for external audits, Financial Reporting Compliance and support of internal audits.
- Responsible to provide leadership and direction to the team members to ensure key milestones and objectives are met. Utilize appropriate leadership techniques to create and foster a positive, high performance work environment and provide appropriate career growth and development opportunities for the team.
- Responsible to ensure appropriate staffing. Identify and facilitate training and development measures for employees.
- Responsible to identify lead, drive and support Change Management.
- Support business projects by providing financial and controlling advice.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports directly to the Regional Controller – Europe, in London
- This position partners with the leadership team and assists in implementing the systems required to support new businesses.
- Under limited supervision, the position is responsible for Finance/Controlling, Tax and Treasury of above-mentioned Group Companies
- The Catalysts division is an operating division headquartered in the United States.
- Precious and Base Metals Services is a global business unit within the Catalysts division.
- This position operates within a highly complex, multiple product (including precious metals) and operations environment.
- Organizational relationships are complex as this business operates on a global level comprising of all regions and includes joint venture partners. Close cooperation with corporate functions is required.
- Annual sales in the range of USD 1-2 two billion.
- Average value of open derivative nominal values is in the range of USD 2.3 – 3.3 billion.
Internal and external relationships
- Interacts frequently with all levels of the business unit, local finance organizations and corporate departments.
- Direct supervisory responsibilities: 4 (London office)
APPLY for this job by completing our online application at the top of the page