Responsible for all reporting and accounting requirements of Company’s Trading activities, as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation and annual reporting and dealing with Auditors to ensure end of year sign off.
Areas of expertise
- Production of IFRS compliant financial statements
- Creation and implementation of month end closing routines and management reporting packages.
- Treasury management.
- Provide ad hoc Bank presentations
- Implementation, monitoring and control of financial processes.
- Presenting Monthly Management Accounts to senior management.
- Supervise and motivate remote team to produce high quality information to tight deadlines.
- Ensure the delivery of accurate and timely monthly financial information for management.
- Preparation of quarterly Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and other reports required by management
- Calculation of quarterly closing stock, provisions, and interest charges
- Updating Accounts receivables and account payables and perform reconciliations
- Maintaining the Sales and purchase ledger
- Updating broker statements and reconcile on daily basis
- Calculating and preparing margin calls
- Preparing and posting of journal entries to ensure all the business transactions are recorded
- Reviewing expenses, payroll records, pension, etc.
- Preparation and reporting of VAT returns
- Recording of the bank entries and preparation of bank reconciliations
- Preparation of detailed financial proposals for various projects which includes allocating budgets.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns,
- Responsible for recording of all invoices and ensuring payments are processed when due
- Ensuring that expense related invoices are paid on a timely basis and recorded accurately in the ledger
- Preparation and submission of sales invoices as and when due following the contractual terms
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Prepare payroll calculations
- Production of quarterly financial reports and year-end financial statements for auditors
- Assist in reviewing Corporation Tax returns of the company prepared by the auditors
- Assist in maintaining a constant dialogue with the tax advisors of the company
- Responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping and ensuring timely recording of accounting data
- Preparation and analysis of monthly MIS such as Sales summary, Resource Utilization Summary, Expense claims, Working Capital Reports
- Assist in reviewing the existing system of accounting and bookkeeping and providing recommendations for improvement
- Preparation and finalization of annual accounts as per statutory accounting standards
- Preparation of Project Reports & Corporate Presentations for the purpose of raising capital from Financial Institutions / Banks & other private funding
- Treasury and cash management related to import/export, debtors and creditors monitoring
- Preparation and analysis of monthly Profit & Loss Account, Cash Flow and Stock Statements
- Budgeting & forecasting the Trading P&L, Direct & Indirect costs on a regular basis and managing Forex remittances
- Handling and filing taxation matters including both Direct & Indirect taxation, Income Tax, VAT, Excise, Custom & Service Tax
- Responsible for audit of all transactions on a regular basis and reporting any issues to the senior management
- Preparation of necessary reports and analysis to assist internal and external Auditors
- Checking execution of various facilities, Borrowings, Foreign Currency Term Loans, Working Capital Limits, Derivatives, etc. and other relevant documents
- Supervise and review the work of two remote Accountants; provide on the job training and identified real time issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- Professional qualification (ACCA, ACA or similar) required.
- 5+ years of progressive controlling / planning / finance / accounting experience.
- Knowledge of metals trading is considered as asset.
- Solid knowledge / understanding and applicability of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Advanced Excel and Experience with Accounting systems.
- IT Literate with strong accounting systems experience and advanced MS excel skills experience
- Hands on approach
- Ability to liaise externally with banks, suppliers, and other relevant parties
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Please apply via the contact form at the top of this page.
Or contact us if you need further information.