Our client, an established Broker on the global futures and options exchanges, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), is currently seek an experienced Financial Controller to manage the Company’s middle and back office. The Company is currently looking to expand its product offering and, at the same time, invest in new technologies. This is therefore an excellent opportunity for the candidate to help develop, shape and support the business processes and technology capabilities.
The Financial Controller will report directly to the Finance Director and will also need to maintain a close working relationship with the Managing Director.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- The Financial Controller will be responsible for the management of the Accounting, Back and Middle Office functions of the Futures division, currently a team of 6.
- Preparation of Corporate Financial Accounting, internal reporting together with the FCA reporting in accordance with internal and external requirements and regulations.
- Ensure that a robust system of internal controls exist and are adhered to, in order to comply to FCA regulations.
- Provide support and involvement with the ongoing developments and improvements in the various systems in order to improve efficiency and enhance performance. Current systems used ION/Eclipse/Back Office System.
- Prepare and analyse trading profit/loss reports.
- Daily reconciliation of segregated client money
- Daily financial resources calculation
- Banking oversight –seg-non-seg/reconciliations/Lloyds on-line
- Prudential Regulation and CASS developments
- FCA Gabriel system returns
- Prepare clearing broker Reconciliations.
- Prepare Vouchers for overhead accounting purposes including salaries, prepayments, pension, journals, depreciation etc
- Prepare the Monthly Management Accounts package in a timely manner using the ION/Eclipse systems, which includes analysis of the trading Profit/ loss, reconciliation of earnings before tax and review of expenses.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts at month end.
- Prepare debtors and creditors analysis.
- Provide Head Office with various reports, including forecasts, and balance sheet information
- Provide monthly UK VAT Returns
Year End tasks
- Preparation of the Annual Budget forecasting information, for the revenue streams and expenses.
- Prepare Annual / Statutory Accounts.
- Present the complete Year-end Accounts package, including tax analysis for Corporation/Deferred Tax
- Liaise with the external Auditors during the year-end Audit process.
- Provide project support, assistance and cover for other team members when and as needed.
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Accountancy qualification (ICAEW/CIMA/ACCA or overseas equivalent) essential.
- A current member of one of the professional accounting bodies
- Strong knowledge and understanding with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- FCA regulations and CASS reporting essential
- Experience with client funds segregation
- Minimum 4 years of post-qualification experience in a Finance and Accounting function
- Financial services sector experience essential, brokerage experience highly desirable
- Controller or equivalent experience highly desirable
- Corporate accounting experience highly desirable
- Understanding of how to manage an internal control environment
- Intermediate to advanced level of applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Communication skills essential.
APPLY for this job by completing our online application at the top of the page