Our client, an International Commodity Trading Company, are seeking a Temporary / Contractor Management Accountant for a period of approx. 8- 12 weeks to cover until a permanent member of staff is employed, and completion of successful hand-over accomplished.
The role is responsible for providing the accounting information for the group companies which are prepared in London office under the supervision of the Financial Controller.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Member of one of the professional accounting bodies.
- 2+ years of progressive controlling / planning / finance / accounting preferably in both an operational and corporate environment.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Working knowledge with international regulations, laws on accounting and taxation.
- Experience of SAP and Tableau advantageous and strong Excel skills required.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING, REPORTING & PLANNING
Metals Trading Accounting and Reporting
- Prepare and analyze daily trading profit/loss reports.
- Prepare daily broker reconciliations.
- Prepare and post journal entries using SAP.
- Complete monthly journals reclassifying trade debtors and creditors, finance changes and committed inventory and bank balances.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and submit legal entity group reporting in Condor for consolidation purposes.
- Prepare the overall monthly management accounts package in a timely and accurate manner, which includes trading analysis of the trading profit/loss, reconciliation of earnings before tax and review of expenses including travel and entertaining analysis.
- Prepare fixed assets schedule and agree back to general ledger.
- Prepare debtors and creditors analysis.
- Prepare tax returns, analyse VAT (UK and foreign equivalents) and provide cost summary analysis for corporation tax purposes.
- Assist in cash management, e.g. management of foreign exposures, in accordance with Corporate policies and procedures.
Forecasts and Budgets
- Preparation of the monthly forecasting for the revenue streams and expenses.
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasting.
APPLY for this job by completing our online application at the top of the page – or call us on 01245 345598 or 07713 632 870 for more information.