Our client, an International Commodity Trading Company, are seeking a Management Accountant responsible for providing the accounting information for the group companies which are prepared in London office under the supervision of the Financial Controller.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Member of one of the professional accounting bodies.
- 2+ years of progressive controlling / planning / finance / accounting preferably in both an operational and corporate environment.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge with international regulations, laws on accounting and taxation.
- Experience of SAP and Tableau considered advantageous and strong Excel skills required.
Financial Accounting, Reporting & Planning:
Metals Trading Accounting and Reporting
- Prepare and analyze daily trading profit/loss reports.
- Prepare daily broker reconciliations.
- Prepare and post journal entries using SAP.
- Complete monthly journals reclassifying trade debtors and creditors, finance changes and committed inventory and bank balances.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and submit legal entity group reporting in Condor to ZFR for consolidation purposes.
- Prepare the overall monthly management accounts package in a timely and accurate manner, which includes trading analysis of the trading profit/loss, reconciliation of earnings before tax and review of expenses including travel and entertaining analysis.
- Prepare fixed assets schedule and agree back to general ledger.
- Prepare debtors and creditors analysis.
- Prepare and submit year-end Notes package to ZFR for consolidation purposes.
- Liaise with the external auditors during the year-end group reporting process.
- Involvement in preparation of the statutory accounts.
- Prepare tax returns, analyse VAT (UK and foreign equivalents) and provide cost summary analysis for corporation tax purposes.
- Assist in tax-related inquiries.
- Assist in cash management, e.g. management of foreign exposures, in accordance with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Respond to inquiries from Treasury regarding cash flow and liquidity.
Forecasts and Budgets
- Preparation of the monthly forecasting for the revenue streams and expenses.
- Preparation of the annual budget.
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasting.
- Ensure that a robust system of internal controls exists in order to satisfy internal, year-end, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRS) audits and FSA regulations.
- Ensure that guidelines are properly implemented and that requirements are fulfilled.