Our Client an established Metal Trading Company, based in Luxembourg is currently in the process of expanding their Physical Metals Desk, and looking for experienced Metal Traders to join the existing, and effective trading team.
We are looking for successful Traders who are confident with possible transferable Clients and customers, with a strong track record in Metal Trading. The Base Metal covered is flexible depending on business potential.
Relocation to Luxembourg is essential, and a European language advantageous.
- To identify and develop new business opportunities within defined and complementary business areas.
- The maintenance and development of existing business.
- To absorb, understand and apply information relating to products, technologies & markets.
- Identification of key players within industry sector and key decision makers within each company
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and new customers, and suppliers.
- Manage existing business including incidental operational issues and monitoring sales and profits against forecasts.
- Seeking opportunities with existing clients to increase profit margins, including enhancing sales of existing items and exploring cross selling opportunities.
- Some desk based market research and analysis, usually focusing on UK products and technologies.
- Negotiating with suppliers and customers regarding commercial terms and the negotiation of legal contracts.
- Commercial interaction with a network of suppliers many of which are located overseas in Asia and Europe.
- Quarterly profit and loss reporting, including rationalization of profit and revenue generated in preceding financial period and forecasting profit on a rolling basis.
- Ability to absorb key points arising from new legislation/regulations. These include but are not limited to REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals), hazard class regulations, EU anti competition law, EU vitamin and mineral directives.
- Monthly risk reporting on news and events that might affect business; financial risk long (bought not yet sold) and short (sold, not yet bought) reporting; monthly inter-departmental reporting.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerical, financial, researching and analytical skills.
- IT skills including using Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint (SAP skills an advantage).
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Commercial and entrepreneurial spirit: ability to assess potential profitability of actions and projects.
- Ability to spot potential new business through contact with current customers and colleagues.
- Keen influencing and negotiation skills.
- Cultural empathy and diplomacy.
- A minimum of 5 years within a multinational, commercial environment, within the Metals business.
- Some experience managing relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Degree educated preferred, although not essential.
APPLY for this job by completing our online application at the top of the page