The Operations Coordinator works as part of a team to support Front office & Back office. Responsible for administration of supply contracts and supporting the Global supply chain.
This is a long term contract role.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related discipline preferred although not essential
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a trading back office or fast-paced financial services environment preferred.
- Basic general understanding of trading operations e.g. hedging, futures and spot trading.
- Good numerical and analytical skills combined with attention to details.
- Working knowledge of / familiarity with international regulations and laws on value-added taxation.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of applications – focus on Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Developed proficiency in the following competencies must be evident and demonstrated:
- Communicate Effectively
- Collaborate for Achievement
- Develop Self & Others
- Demonstrate Customer Focus
Processing of Trades
- Record executed trade data in the in-house trading system and ensure accuracy of same.
- Ensure that all trade confirmations are received from/sent to counterparties within the prescribed timeframe.
- Agree overnight metal positions with trading desk and ensure compliance with approved limits.
- Support commercial team transactions.
- Work with trading, commercial and credit to ensure credit lines are adhered to.
- Support business with analysis where required.
Metal Movements / Shipping and Reconciliation
- Clear London and Zurich daily commitments within designated cut off time.
- Reconcile closing metal positions with financial institutions.
- Affect daily depository commitments, monitor forward positions.
- Record internal / external metal movements accurately and timely on the pool accounts.
- Reconcile all stock positions and clear discrepancies.
- Co-Ordinate physical shipments in a timely fashion, log deliveries and provide data for REACH reporting.
- Ensure daily stock positions are accurate and communicate inconsistencies to trading team immediately.
Monitoring of Contracts
- Be aware of and comply with contractual obligations regarding pricing, delivery, payment, etc.
- Prepare management summaries.
- Identify, report and deal with discrepancies.
Supply Chain Support
- Assisting Supply chain with metal movement information on contractual demand.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Please apply via the contact form at the top of this page.
Or contact us if you need further information.