Purpose of role
Assist in the research, development and maintenance of a market-leading light vehicle powertrain database and forecast.
Play a significant role in the production of regular and custom client deliverables.
Develop a relationship with the China light vehicle powertrain team, remotely assist with China powertrain database quality control and help facilitate communication and powertrain data alignment issues between the Shanghai and Oxford offices.
- Assist with timely and accurate delivery of powertrain products (data and reports) as required including monthly, quarterly and adhoc services.
- Help ensure that the latest available information is included in the forecast according to workload split between European powertrain analysts.
- Work closely with global counterparts to help ensure consistency in the powertrain forecasts, in particular the Shanghai powertrain team.
- Research internal data and forecast assumptions to check for global consistency across regions and OEMs, feeding back observations to the powertrain and vehicle forecasting teams.
- Support clients as necessary in areas such as preparing data cuts and follow-up material as needed.
- Actively participate in expanding knowledge in the area of powertrain electrification, and ensure that knowledge gained is effectively reflected in the powertrain forecasts
- Monitor publicly available sources to ensure up-to-date industry knowledge.
- Ensure the validity and quality of applicable data, intelligence and forecasts.
- Manage available data sources to use as a forecast basis and be inquisitive about new sources.
Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in engineering or automotive-related discipline.
- Strong database skills and excellent proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Familiarity with IBM Planning Analytics.
- Experience in the field of light vehicle engine, transmission and vehicle electrification technology would be an asset, but is not a prerequisite for the position.
Qualities & Attitude
- Strong research skills, and ability and interest in working with large databases and numerical systems.
- Good organisational skills, capable of working independently, multi-tasking, effectively prioritising and delivering on time.
- Ability to analyse, assess and interpret information.
- Demonstrable flexibility with the ability to creatively problem-solve.
- Strong relationship building skills, able to build up connection in the industry to conduct in-depth research.
To be considered for this role, applicants must hold the right to work in the UK.