Our client, an International Commodity Trading House, are currently seeking an experienced Structured Trade & Commodity Financier, to join their busy Finance Team based in London, also to work closely with the Swiss based team.
The candidate will be responsible building and developing Structure Trade Finance business, the ideal candidate would have 10 -15 years relevant experience gained either within an Investment Banking or Commodity Trading House environment. Responsible for the origination and execution of project finance, structured finance, and advisory transactions in metals and mining sectors leveraging financial advisory, debt structuring and arranging expertise. The candidate will require strong financial modelling, structuring, credit analysis, risk assessment, contract negotiation, legal documentation and post-closing monitoring experience.
Candidate should have excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to perform successfully and efficiently under pressure. The role also requires someone that can consistently produce accurate work in a timely fashion, has excellent attention to detail and the ability to resolve problems independently.
- To identify and develop new business opportunities within defined and complementary business areas.
- The maintenance and development of existing business and liaise with target clients with focus on the Metals and Mining Sector.
- Management of the transaction lifecycle, from origination through diligence, negotiation, structuring, credit analysis, execution, management and closure of the deal.
- Building and maintaining client, customer relationships.
- Investigating and implementing business initiatives.
- To absorb, understand and apply information relating to possible new business opportunities.
- Identification of key players within industry sector and key decision makers within each company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and new customers, and suppliers.
- Manage existing business including incidental operational issues and monitoring sales and profits against forecasts.
- Seeking opportunities with existing clients to increase profit margins, including enhancing sales of existing items and exploring cross selling opportunities.
- Some desk-based market research and analysis.
- Negotiating with suppliers and customers regarding commercial terms and the negotiation of legal contracts.
- Commercial interaction with a network of suppliers many of which are located overseas in Asia and Europe.
- Ability to absorb key points arising from new legislation/regulations. These include but are not limited to REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals), hazard class regulations, EU anti competition law, EU vitamin and mineral directives.
- Risk reporting on news and events that might affect business; financial risk long (bought not yet sold) and short (sold, not yet bought) reporting; monthly inter-departmental reporting.
- Experienced working with commodity producers, traders and consumers.
- Liaising with existing and potential clients, listens to their requirements, and create alternative/structured financing solutions to suit their inventory holding requirements.
- Structures range from being custom made i.e. suitable to a client or segment or a transaction to generic “free size – fit all” structures. Through these structures, we endeavour to achieve low/no capital usage (lower solvency) for the Company.
- Understand and translate the clients/customers’ requirements; compare vis a vis the industry practices and norms and create practical financing structures around the client’s financing needs, while considering the capital usage by the Company.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerical, financial, researching and analytical skills.
- IT skills including using Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint (SAP skills an advantage).
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Commercial and entrepreneurial spirit: ability to assess potential profitability of actions and projects.
- Ability to spot potential new business through contact with current and potential customers / suppliers.
- Keen influencing and negotiation skills.
- Cultural empathy and diplomacy.
- A minimum of 10 years within a multinational, commercial environment, within the commodity sector, including recent exposure to the metals and mining Sector.
- Experience managing relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Excel, Word and Outlook experience.
- Strong working knowledge of letters of credit and proficiency with documentation related to contract execution such as shipping and banking documents.
- Structuring experience gained with a financial institution or a major Commodity Trading company preferably in the metals or mining sector, with creation of financing structures geared towards achieving low/zero solvency (capital usage).
- The candidate is expected to understand the issues revolving around:
- acquiring title to goods and enforcing it in case of need;
- its storage and co-mingling with other commodities;
- storage and delivery – load out weights – delivery points etc;
- quality of the commodities;
- implication of different legal jurisdictions;
- familiarity with the Futures markets (LME etc).
Graduate in Business / Economics / Finance preferred, although not essential.
Interested in this position?
Please apply via the contact form at the top of this page.
Or contact us if you need further information.