Our client, an International Commodity Trading House, are currently seeking a Structured Trade Finance Analyst, to join their busy Finance Team based in Central London, working closely with the Swiss based team.
The candidate will be dealing with origination, structuring and execution of Trade & Commodity transactional finance structures globally with focus on Mining & Metals sector.
Working closely with the Trade Finance team and supporting the Company’s finance requirements globally in a timely and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will have gained minimum 2 years various Trade Finance related experience, gained within an Investment Banking or Commodity Trading House environment.
The candidate will be keen to develop strong analytical, credit analysis, risk assessment, negotiation, legal documentation and post-closing monitoring skills, within a Commodity Trading environment.
- Assist in the Management of Trade & Commodity client relationships.
- Become involved in the origination of transactional structured trade & commodity finance business.
- Perform reviews / new proposals on a timely basis.
- Monitor deal progress / ability to answer questions from Traders and clients.
- Proactively manage documentation / administration to ensure clean files.
- Credit & Financial risk analysis and ensure tight operational control for the relationships handled.
- Structuring funding with banks for the new business ensuring that it aligns specifically with the trade.
- Manage, monitor the finance required for the Company’s stock held in warehouse including coordination with Clients and Traders.
- Work closely with Treasury and Trade Finance colleagues to enable efficient daily utilization of finance.
- Good understanding of credit insurance, bank facilities to enable finance of trades.
- Process and monitor existing business flows of payables/receivables.
- Monitor and support the short- and medium-term funding requirements for the company’s structuring to meet their specific requirements and keep record of these positions.
- To review and negotiate bank facilities and facility addendums.
- To take responsibility for your performance and to work together to achieve our organizational goals.
- To attend training courses which are identified as being necessary for the performance of the role
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerical, financial, researching and analytical skills.
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Commercial and entrepreneurial spirit: ability to assess potential profitability of actions and projects.
- Ability to spot potential new business through contact with current and potential customers / suppliers.
- Keen influencing and negotiation skills.
- Cultural empathy and diplomacy.
- Commodity experience & knowledge an advantage
- Skills to allow structuring of credit exposure based on tight operational controls & monitoring
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Bank product knowledge
- Decision making abilities
- Independent and pro-active
- Credit and country risk assessment, mitigation experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly analytical
- Knowledge of credit policies & procedures
- Ability to work under time pressure and achieve quality results
- Understanding of International Banking and Finance
- High level of attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Focused and highly motivated.
- Ability to prioritise, work efficiently, accurately and to strict deadlines.
Team player working closely with colleagues.
- Experience establishing maintaining relationships with customers and suppliers, an advantage
A minimum of 2 years within a multinational, commercial environment, within an Investment Bank, or Commodity Trading House.
Graduate in Business / Economics / Finance preferred, although not essential.
Interested in this position?
Please apply via the contact form at the top of this page.
Or contact us if you need further information.