Our Client a leading US producer and exporter of LNG, with a large share of the production sold under long-term contracts to investment-grade utilities and energy companies across the world. The rest of the production is marketed/traded through the Company’s London office who also optimize the company’s LNG shipping fleet, and hedge associated risks.
London’s Middle Office team plays a key role in the company’s control framework around LNG trading and shipping. It is responsible for checking that position and prices have been entered into the system(s) of record (Endur) in a timely and accurate manner by the Front Office. It also generates daily forward P/L around such activities.
The Trade Control Specialist is responsible for checking transactions executed by the Front Office in order to ensure correctness of deal booking in the ETRM system. He/she will also be involved in the confirmation process with the external counterparties and in the reporting for Emir/Remit.
The candidate will possess good knowledge of trade validation and confirmation activities acquired through personal experience on trading floors.
Specific experience in the energy sector is desirable, particularly around physical transactions.
Familiarity with deal booking and checking in ETRM systems is a must, with basic experience in OpenLink Endur preferred.
Responsibilities and essential duties
- Provides daily monitoring of deal booking and of confirmation processing to ensure transactions are properly recorded.
- Assist in the reporting for European regulatory purpose of financial and physical trades (i.e. Emir, Remit, etc.).
- Help in monitoring deals and amendments to ensure trades are booked properly and confirmed as necessary.
- Daily reviewing of settlement prices, brokers’ and clearers’ statements (i.e. futures) in order to check that they match with the deal capture system.
- Maintaining counterparty/agreement information within ETRM system.
- Maintaining/updating static data (e.g. locations) within ETRM system.
Qualifications (education, experience and skills)
Education and Certifications:
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a relevant field like accounting or business administration.
- Two to three years of experience in the back or middle office of a commodity company or related experience with basic understanding of natural gas physical trading activities, and financial transactions (futures/swaps). Experience in confirmation and settlement processes is highly desirable.
- Basic knowledge of European regulation (EMIR/REMIT) about financial/physical deals.
- Endur (OpenLink) ETRM System experience is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of the natural gas physical and financial contracts (EFECTs and ISDAs)
- Familiarity with financial confirmations and brokers’ statements.
- Proficient in the use of systems and software such as Windows, MS Office Suite and ETRM systems.
- Understands the importance of segregation of duty and controls to ensure the safe operation of trading floors.
- Possesses good written and verbal communications skills as well as interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interface with both internal clients of different professional backgrounds as well as external Counterparties.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Flexible, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continually changing priorities and a strong team player.
- Able to cope with the stressful environment of a trading office.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Please apply via the contact form at the top of this page.
Or contact us if you need further information.